Post-upgrade, OS X machine would not print to Win7 direct connet printer, or browse shares on the Win7 box. A few things seemed to help fix this problem.
- Re-share printer - less than 15 characters in share name, no blanks.
- Edit Local policies->Security -> Network Security- set:
- "Send LM & NTLM -- use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated" and
- Turn off "require 128 bit encryption"
- In Win 7 Network sharing center
- Turn off Win 7 networking option
- enable Network Discovery and File and Printer Sharing.
- Make sure that OS X has the proper workgroup set in sys prefs -> network -> advanced -> wins
- Reboot Windows 7
Later I discovered that some had fixed the problem by sharing the printer from windows via lpd.
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7performance/thread/bd920e46-dbeb-4bb2-a38e-8791facd0608 As obsessive as I am about figuring things out, I did not try this yet.