1. Install XcodeGet Apple Xcode (Info on xcode ) - 10/20 - Latest version: 3.2.1 NOT FOR Leopard. So you must either:
- Install an older version of xcode from your OS X install dvd.
- Or ( join Apple Developer Connection (free)) and then download Xcode 3.1.4 which runs on Leopard.
Apple makes it hard to find the old download page. To find it log in to ADC -> Downloads -> Developer tools (right nav bar) -> scroll down to xcode 3.1.4 -> download and install. Default install is fine.
2. Install MacportsMacports is basically a package management system for Macs. For info see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macports .
- Go to http://www.macports.org/install.php , and select dmg download for Leopard.